“In the light, truth is revealed.” – Pastor Dave Simiele, MCC’s youth pastor
The recent youth retreat featured a theme of light and darkness called, “Illuminate.” Pastor Dave gave a memorable teaching that included a number of noteworthy principles.
- People tend to sin in darkness because we think nobody will see us. We think it is safe to sin in the dark.
- You can’t change your life in darkness. You have to come into the light.
- Light can be offensive because it illuminates things we don’t want to see.
- When God calls you out of darkness, that doesn’t mean He has called you to a place where there is no trial.
- God is the only one who can really change me. I have to submit to the power of the Holy Spirit working in me.